CAPG Governance Summit 2018
WHAT IS BLACK & WHITE and GREY ALL OVER?
A Police Governance Dashboard
8:30 – 4:30
Monday, November 5, 2018
Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, British Columbia
The Alignment Imperative
If a car is not aligned, we use excess gas, tire tread and physical energy to stay on the road. Likewise, Police Chief/Board alignment is critical for effective police governance. Learn ideas and tools to make sure you are using the roadmap (strategy) and the vehicle is running smoothly (processes).
Board Members and Police Chiefs often have tools to monitor policing services and strategies but often lack a simple means to continually assess their direct interface. Orientation, strategic and governance development efforts can be short lived unless there are regular check-ins. This very interactive session will develop a Check-in tool for continuous attention to the Police Chief/Board interface as well as alignment with City Councils and the public. The resulting Police Governance Dashboard will be accessible through the CAPG Learning Portal, an exclusive benefit for members.
Join your colleagues in a timely discussion to:
- Confirm need for a Police Governance Dashboard – return on effort
- Create successful Governance expectations – success indicators
- Identify Board/Chief interface topics – ‘real time’ participant challenges
- Discuss of preventive & remedial strategies – take home ideasResource Person
The most valuable resource in the room will be your peers. The session will be facilitated by Dr. Gordon McIntosh who has conducted 1,200 sessions on governance, strategy and leadership involving 130,000 elected and appointed leaders throughout
Canada and overseas. Gordon will be joined by Rebecca Coad, legal counsel with Lidstone & Company a law firm that focuses exclusively on local government – including police services.
- Police Governance Dashboard for participants and others via CAPG
- Tool Kit to share ideas with colleagues
- Practical strategies to make an immediate leadership difference
- Enhanced network of resource people throughput Canada
Justify Your Attendance
Here are some tips on getting support to attend the CAPG Governance Summit 2018:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your board/commission to share what you learned. That way, many will gain the benefits of your attendance.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your governance body, service or department.
- Share presenter handouts and materials with your colleagues.
- If you are a member of the CAPG you can take advantage of discounted registration.
SAVE THE DATE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2018
Registration & LogisticsOnline Registration - CAPG Members: $400 + HST Online Registration - Non-Members: $550 + HST Mail-In Registration
Includes breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks and & all materials
Location: Westin Bayshore, 1601 Bayshore Drive Vancouver, BC V6G 2V4
*HOTEL REGISTRATION: If you require a room at the Westin Bayshore please fill out the information below and we will add you name to the rooming list and provide you with a confirmation number. The hotel has offered the same low room rate of $155 for the following nights: Saturday, November 3, Sunday November 4, and Monday, November 5, 2018. Reserve your room before Thursday, October 4th, 2018 for that rate and you must reserve through CAPG directly. Hotel Location: Westin Bayshore, 1601 Bayshore Drive Vancouver, BC V6G 2V4
Contact the Canadian Association of Police Governance for more details on how to register for the Summit and reserve your room at the Westin Bayshore today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.