CAPG Governance Summits 2019
WHAT IS BLACK & WHITE and GREY ALL OVER?
A Police Governance Dashboard
The Vancouver, BC Summit was so popular it SOLD OUT. The 50 people who signed up all agreed the day was worth the time, resources and effort to attend. Dr. McIntosh was an excellent facilitator and really pushed people to work and engage in these important discussions. One of the outcomes was the decision to take the Summit on the road to Central and Eastern Canada so we can get input from all across the country.
Once we complete the three Summits a Dashboard will be unveiled at the CAPG Conference in Calgary in August 2019.
The next two Governance Summits will be held in:
Feb. 14, 2019 – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm – London, ON
Feb. 16, 2019 – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm – Truro, NS
The Alignment Imperative
If a car is not aligned, we use excess gas, tire tread and physical energy to stay on the road. Likewise, Police Chief/Board alignment is critical for effective police governance. Learn ideas and tools to make sure you are using the roadmap (strategy) and the vehicle is running smoothly (processes).
Board Members and Police Chiefs often have tools to monitor policing services and strategies but often lack a simple means to continually assess their direct interface. Orientation, strategic and governance development efforts can be short lived unless there are regular check-ins. This very interactive session will develop a Check-in tool for continuous attention to the Police Chief/Board interface as well as alignment with City Councils and the public. The resulting Police Governance Dashboard will be accessible through the CAPG Learning Portal, an exclusive benefit for members.
Join your colleagues in a timely discussion to:
- Confirm need for a Police Governance Dashboard – return on effort
- Create successful Governance expectations – success indicators
- Identify Board/Chief interface topics – ‘real time’ participant challenges
- Discuss of preventive & remedial strategies – take home ideas
The most valuable resource in the room will be your peers. The session will be facilitated by Dr. Gordon McIntosh who has conducted 1,200 sessions on governance, strategy and leadership involving 130,000 elected and appointed leaders throughout Canada and overseas.
- Police Governance Dashboard for participants and others via CAPG
- Tool Kit to share ideas with colleagues
- Practical strategies to make an immediate leadership difference
- Enhanced network of resource people throughput Canada
Justify Your Attendance
Here are some tips on getting support to attend the CAPG Governance Summit 2019:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your board/commission to share what you learned. That way, many will gain the benefits of your attendance.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your governance body, service or department.
- Share presenter handouts and materials with your colleagues.
- If you are a member of the CAPG you can take advantage of discounted registration.
Registration & Logistics
London, Ontario – Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Feb. 14, 2019 – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
-London, ON: Information on how to book your room in London will be posted shortly
Truro, Nova Scotia – Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Feb. 16, 2019 – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.Download Agenda